Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectThe Miseducation of Some Okayplayers.....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=21856&mesg_id=21878
21878, The Miseducation of Some Okayplayers.....
Posted by khimes, Wed Aug-16-00 07:09 AM
WTF? D'Angelo is not gonna fall off ANYTIME in the near or far future. I'm at Jackson State University, and just yesterday I heard somebody say that Voodoo was bullshit. Again, WTF? Bottom line, Brown Sugar was a terrific debut album, I still listen to it myself. But Voodoo is a musical classic. It was made with the intent of being intricate. As you can see (or hear), not many of those songs are "radio-friendly". It was an album made for people who love music to death. It is a MUST HAVE. After buying this album and really studying it, you will view music much differently. I, for one, appreciated those feel good songs from Brown Sugar, but I love Pino's bass playing, and I almost died when I found out that Charlie Hunter played bass AND guitar AT THE SAME MUTHAFUCKIN TIME!!! I also loved the Roberta Flack cover "Feel Like Makin Love", and for those of you who wanna hear what music sounded like in the "good ol' days", listen to "Greatdayndamornin". :o

Seriously, this is one of THE greatest albums EVER made, and I'm basing that on the sonic aspect. I won't even start in on the man's singing (or should that be SANGIN?!).

P.S. I wonder if a certain somebody is willing to stop talking to that soul sista on the streets of 52 for just a minute to give his insight on an album he woulda called "Vicarous Fantasy". ;-)