Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectWill D'angelo last or just be a Man of the moment?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=21856&mesg_id=21856
21856, Will D'angelo last or just be a Man of the moment?
Posted by Dimples, Wed Aug-16-00 06:26 AM
Look Ladies, and fellas

I KNOW for a fact that most of your answers will either be Hell yeah! or Hell no! BUT Why I ask this question is because I want to see what y'all think of D'angelo as an artist, aside from the fact that He wears tight leather pants or next to nothing nowadays(ie, "how does it feel"). I was into D'angelo since Brown Sugar, but when D came out this year with that video, I'm not gonna lie I took the morning off from school and I went to the Record store to make sure I was one of the first people. And you know what?, that is something I would never do. Because of the video D was no#2 on the Billboard charts for weeks, think about it Left & Right was not even in the top ten, and that was his first video out for Voodoo. No Excuses people. D'angelo is lookin better than he ever has, but I know every word to every song on
Brown Sugar which was nominated for a Grammy. I only have selected songs from voodoo that I listen to. I know guys who are also hatin on D saying all kinds of bullshit, as though he's the only Black male that has ever shown an oily chest in a video, without realizing that D is just trying to send a message across, about the change in R&B music today. Just holla at me and let me know your honest opinions on this topic.
Vrai ou Faux?