Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectThat's Why I Asked...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=21504&mesg_id=21514
21514, That's Why I Asked...
Posted by khimes, Tue Sep-19-00 05:34 AM
Trust me. I walk around with a printed copy of that review in my notebook to every class I go to. I read all the archives at least 3 times. I read every D'Angelo article I have at least twice a month, in depthly. Only one part keeps making me ask these questions. During the notes for "The Root", "Spanish Joint", "Feel Like Makin Love", and "Greatdayndamornin", it says too many technical things to go into. Then you tell us something like Charlie Hunter played the bass and the guitar at the smae time!! How do you expect us not to still be curious? Please whet our appetite, because I know I ain't the only one who wants to know some inside info. It's like when you wrote about you and D tryin to outPrince each other (I wonder who won?). Once you told some of the secrets, I went out and bought PARADE. I heard Brown Mark's baseline on "I Wonder U" (ill!), I heard him spell p-u-s-s-y on "New Position" ("...I want to P Ur S-S-Y" or something of the sort). I also heard the solo on "Mountains". Knowing the secrets makes you understand the music a little more. Just know that I have a hunger for your music like you have for that of Prince. Please, help a little Black boy out!! Even if you only go into 1 thing in great detail, I'll be happy. Puh-leeeeeease!!

p.s. "Do U Lie?" is my fave song right now!

"Have you ever been to Electric Ladyland?" - Jimi Hendrix