Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectJill, I got some questions if you've got the time
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=2114&mesg_id=2155
2155, Jill, I got some questions if you've got the time
Posted by , Mon Sep-13-04 11:35 AM
The time that you took off to make this album manifests in the music. Both your lyrics and your voice have matured wonderfully. But what were you up to during that time? Musically and personally (not to be all up in your buisness tho. *smile*) I remember seeing a video on BET for a song that you did (about a year ago) but it was never released. Brown sugar baby, or something close to that was the title... it was a great song. Will you ever consider releasing it?

The song, "The fact is (I need you)," what inspired you to write it? Is it a call to action for all men? If so, we need to work on making that your next single *smile*. It is a wonderful song, showing both the strength of the female, but also the importance of a man in a family. 'And even though I can do all these things (By my DAMN self)... I need you.' beautiful.

Will you be doing another live album anytime soon? Or working with the roots anytime soon?

Also, Would you cover 'Great gig in the sky' w/ The Roots? It's one of Pink Floyd's best songs. I hope you've had a chance to hear it at this point; if not, please do. Jill, with you on the female vocals, and the roots doing the instrumentals, i think it has the potential to be a great cover song. Your voice would carry so nicely over the music. Thats not so much a question, just hoping you guys would consider it.

and girl, you were right on point with your song "cross my mind." 'you were never good for me, and i was never good for you. i just remember what we usta do.'
go 'head girl! :D

Thank you for such a wonderful, intelligent, inspiring album. It was well worth the wait. And I will wait again.

-Ericka.