Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectwhois this "hidden_beach" okayplayer?/
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=21068
21068, whois this "hidden_beach" okayplayer?/
Posted by Jilasijah, Thu Oct-05-00 07:22 PM
I have seen this screen name on a few post replies and I was curious of how this person is affiliated with Jill Scott or the record label, Hidden Beach. I am a hugh fan of Jill's and I enjoy having her flavor on the boards, even if she isn't an "official" okayartist. Just wondering, y'all. Thanks for listening!

Peace and Blessings
Jill Marie

"I've learned that the greater a person's sense of guilt, the greater
his or her need to cast blame on others"- me

"why niggas don't know, but they front and don't ask?" (c) Mos Def, "Questions", (c) Common, Like Water For Chocolate
21069, reason for pseudonyms
Posted by Dove, Thu Oct-05-00 07:28 PM
is to sometimes remain anonymous.....
Hidden Beach is affiliated with Jill on a professional level and that's good enough for us I think.
Jill's mad talented - you've got good taste :-)
Dove
~Sheepish Lordess of Chaos~

"One day all them bags gon' get in your way..." Erykah

"You can't talk your way out of problems you behave yourself into" ~ S. Covey

Email: Tygereyz67@aol.com
Wanna paaaaaage me? Email up to 200 characters: Dove@myairmail.com
21070, RE: whois this "hidden_beach" okayplayer?/
Posted by Royalty, Thu Oct-05-00 08:04 PM
He's actually this extremely dedicated and passionate A&R/etc.. cat @ Hiddenbeach giving us firsthand info directly from the label, and we here @ Okayplayer truly appreciate him...I know I do anyway ;-).
(((((me waving)))))

...and above anything else..he lets me hear ish that most m^fu*kas would kill for :D

"...hip hop lives, breathes, manifests- forever"

-R
Peace

21071, RE: whois this "hidden_beach" okayplayer?/
Posted by hidden_beach, Fri Oct-06-00 10:08 AM
Thanks for the kind words Royalty:-) (Iíll see you when you get here, I got some new Jill joints for you to hear Öhot , hot, hot) , Yes Iím basically the equivalent to Label_Guy only I rep Hidden Beach Recordings. Throughout my busy day of doing record label ish , I try to answer as many Jill related questions as I can. (forgive me if I canít answers them all). Thanks for supporting Jill and keep an eye on the label weíre trying to do a few things and make a little noise.
21072, PEACE
Posted by Jilasijah, Fri Oct-06-00 10:35 AM
That is love! I know the industry is busy and that is aiight with me that you can take time out to visit and update the boards!! We here @ Okayplayer love Jill Scott and it is good to feel her here. Take care" hidden_beach" and thank you for all the up to date information!! :-)

P.S. Can you share some of those new Jill joints?? Just askin'.
;-)

Peace and Blessings
Jill Marie

"I've learned that the greater a person's sense of guilt, the greater
his or her need to cast blame on others"- me

"why niggas don't know, but they front and don't ask?" (c) Mos Def, "Questions", (c) Common, Like Water For Chocolate
21073, anything out of chicago?
Posted by UrbanCowgRRL, Fri Oct-06-00 11:01 AM
:D:D:D:D:D

Much love,
Kyle

Surgeon General- DPS...drunk posters society...y'all ain't ready!?!? We soldiers...don't be scurrrrrred

vinyl junkies/cd confitionados...go here
http://www.recordkingdom.com

"i always tell people that fame is
nothing but a good publicist, while
talent is a genuine article..." ~ Pozi
21074, has jill ever met MJ???n/m
Posted by michaelo, Fri Oct-06-00 11:51 AM
21075, RE: has jill ever met MJ???n/m
Posted by hidden_beach, Fri Oct-06-00 12:16 PM
She meet him at our launch party for the label in June. (Jet mag. actually published a picture of Jill and MJ in their July 3,2000 issue).
21076, RE: whois this "hidden_beach" okayplayer?/
Posted by guest, Fri Oct-06-00 12:44 PM
Keep doing what your doing at hidden beach. We soul musicians need inspiration. PEACE!!!

www.geocities.com/j_mecca2001

It is time to hear the LOVE in music once again. - J Mecca