Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectTheir eyes are open, that's what.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=20882&mesg_id=20964
20964, Their eyes are open, that's what.
Posted by robphas, Fri Oct-20-00 04:36 PM
How can you call Amerikkka the best country? In terms of what? In terms of power that we can nuke every other country, even though we signed a treaty banning all nuclear detonations anywhere! In terms of prosperity, where we export the least amount of the world's oil supply yet utilize 85% of it? Shit, my parents aren't even from the U.S., they were brought over on some sponsorship bullshit where americans took in foreign refugees to live with them. In terms of education, when most (I'm surprised it's not all) foreign countries outperform the US in terms of education. In terms of literacy? Please, Cuba has a higher literacy rate, and they're a communist nation. Japan has a higher GNP also.

Do you people like living in this racist nation where murder is legalized through the death penalty. Where judges and lawyers are given some kind of right to play God against possibly innocent minorities? I thought God could only decide when I die, not Americans. But oh yeah, that's right, that's some pagan shit anyways. Amerikkka is trying to tell me how to believe, and basing this country on religion when they (forefathers of this damned nation) don't know the first thing about practicing what they preach. Why put God's name on money? It's the root of all evil! Plus, money is not God's invention.

All I can say is fuck the flag, fuck this nation, I'm not leaving because I was born here, and I want to exercise my right to be here, and be free. Though I'm not free, and probably never will be.

This country is all about money and big business. It's not for the people. Fuck this country for what it's doing to other nations. I'd move back to my country of origin, but shit, Amerikkka fucked it up so bad during the war...it's poverty stricken.

This is a country where hard work and years of labor get you nowhere. Where you have to have a piece of paper just to move up the ladder. The country that still has my father sweeping your halls and cleaning your bathrooms even after 15 years of working in this country. The country that had a Medicare system that refused to pay my mother's hospital bills, she eventually died in the hospital. The country that kept my family in lower class Amerikkka, where my parents dreamed of returning home to visit someday, though we could not afford the travel costs.

My mother dreamed of going back home to see how her family was doing. She came into this country side by side with my father, and she left side by side with him...this time she was in ashes inside an urn, and he was carrying her. This country doesn't give a fuck about anyone if you don't have money to give to them. Fuck this country, and fuck the flag. If I ever burn that shit, I hope I'm doused with gasoline, and it's wrapped around me.

"If you want to change the world, be that change." - Gandhi

"An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind." - Gandhi