Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectPUSH THE DAMN ENVELOPE, PUSH IT!!!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=20768&mesg_id=20780
20780, PUSH THE DAMN ENVELOPE, PUSH IT!!!!!
Posted by conesbitt1, Mon Nov-06-00 11:28 AM
i'm not saying they should mimic outkast, but they should have grown musically since the last album. if they keep using the same formula, then their selling themselves short. the main formula is "LIVE MUSIC" that's what makes the Roots untouchable. The Roots have been all over the world, done separate projects, work with different artist, and the next album should reflect that. they should keep the main ingredent, but make it a whole lot spicier. i think i remeber quest saying that he did some things with common that he always wanted to do with a roots album. do that shit man! don't be close-minded to anything(different producers,guest artist,etc)! i just hope they don't stick to the same formula.

I'm done....

:7FAVORITE VERSE OF THE MONTH:7
"put on gasoline boots and walk through HELL!"(c)Method Man

, but we hold on to each other, knowing that one day God will allow us to be together for good.-LoveJones

:9BULLSHIT RELATIONSHIPS}>

Bullshit-seen it, smelled it, look at it, abused by it, sent money on it.
See, me and bullshit have a love/hate relationship,we fuck around with other from time to time. But, when Bullshit gets on my nerves, I tell it to get the fuck on. But, I love Bullshit so we cool for right now