Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: What!?!?>!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=20555&mesg_id=20575
20575, RE: What!?!?>!
Posted by CH, Sat Dec-02-00 11:25 AM
I ain't pissed at ya! :) Nothin but love for an intelligent discussion...I hated the whole race thing coming up...

I don't think he's battling anyone, per se. One line doesn't constitue a battle...it consitutues a diss, to me. So, he's dissin' on Vanilla, on ICP, and on Everlast....

It's a back and forth thing...yea. But, doesn't it seem a little odd that he's battling with these guys, everyone of them? I think it's some kind of ocmplex or something, that he doesn't want the competition in being the "best" white rapper...

A lot of people ave proclaimed him to be one of the best "white" rappers ever...though I don't think it's the case. I'd throw him against Ev, Vanilla, Serch, any of the YBT guys, Danny Boy...or even a lot of the new underground guys out that we've mentioned on other boards. But, yes, he's got talent...

But, he's got himself a niche market, if you see what i mean. He's having diss contests with a lot of people, and of course he seems to come out on top because of his reputation as a "i don't give a fuck person" and his popularity. UNTIL he came out with this whole issue of Everlast.

I told a friend of mine, before all this happened, it was only going to be a matter of time due to the Limp Bizkit-Lethal connection, and the relationship between Limp and Em. SO, eventually, Everlast or Danny Boy, more likely Everlast, was gonna end up with something involving a problem with Em.

I think it's a niche market, a commodity now, with the excpetion of a few recognized people with credentials, espcially Everlast, that these guys wanna be the "tightest" white rapper ever. THis new guy, Haystack, being called the "tightest white rapper to ever hold a mic." When you got so many out there, all of them relative newcomers, you're gonna have a battle for king of the hill.

Em won the battle, mostly by default due to his talent and his associations with Dre and others, and ended up going against what some would consider the old guard...people like Everlast.

Problem, he just bit of more than he could chew...

Damn, I ramble, but it made sense...

A line is a diss, and those turn into battles...

CH

"What's yours is yours and I take what's mine/It's about organized fuckin' crime"
-Lordz of Brooklyn

"While you raggin' on all the people you blasted, I'm askin' how many days have you fasted?"
-Everlast