Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectMaybe you should have paid more attention...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=20480&mesg_id=20518
20518, Maybe you should have paid more attention...
Posted by guest, Sun Dec-10-00 09:07 AM
>I would have never
>thought that you guys smoke
>the ish.

peace
I also consider myself a fan of both ? and Thought. I have been a Roots fans since "Distortion to Static." I have basked in the genius of their sound so long that I can tell that Thought rocks the ganj ("I inhale equality/follow me"--how much more could he have said?) In fact, he has subtly told us over the course of the last 3 albums, if you care to really listen to what he is sayin' (I don't have ORGANIX but I bet he says it there somewhere too...). So for this to come as such a huge surprise and dissapointment for you is really your own fault. Now with ?uestlove, that's something else ("...in my Pumas down the avenue/not tokin' on a j/not sippin' on a brew..."--pardon me if I screwed up the words). The point is, the music is the most important element. So what Thought gets high? So what he's so comfortable with that he doesn't mind if the world knows it. He's not sayin' go out and smoke yourself retarted. And even if he did that doesn't mean you have to go and do it. You have something called free will--recognize and exercise that. Mostly everybody on this thread has given you some really good advice. As a young cat you have alot of battles before you; just live your life according to your standards of happiness and don't let what you are fed through tv/magazines/books/technicsoundsystems define that for you.

peace
nappyhead

"tell me what you gon' do to get free? WE NEED MORE THAN EMCEES, WE NEED HUEYS AND REVOLUTIONARIES..." M1, deadprez

"...with the painstaking precision
of taggin' with a Magnum on thread
I sowed my own Parable..."--me