Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectHow Dre 3000 broke my heart.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=20480&mesg_id=20507
20507, How Dre 3000 broke my heart.
Posted by analog2digital, Fri Dec-08-00 10:44 AM
Some of ya'll may have read 'bout how Dre has occasionally dipped in the E/mushrooms.

When I first read that, my jaw literally HIT the floor. Now see... Dre is my rhyme hero. I LUV dat dude on the mic.

And coincidentally, he's actually served as inspiration for me abstaining from from some things. Is that sad? Maybe. Is is true? Somewhat.

But should I go get lifted/get drunk/smoke up, just cause Dre does every now and then? Should I stop fighting the good fight? Naw, that'd be wack.

The truth is, I've NEVER really done any of those things. I didn't NOT do them just because of Andre. Did he help make it easier, perhaps giving a little validation to us ascetics? Yup.

But even if he's on some other ish now, I still gotta be me.

I like him cause he can straight FLOW. The fact that he validated some things I've always done (err...not done) just made him even cooler.

"Do You." ---Earl Simmons

Mah top MCs (in no particular order). "We dare you to disagree"

Ras Eminem Common Mos Talib Jay-Z
L Boogie Andre Nas Last Emperor

"Big Boi freestyles, I don't, because I think too much. But I'll write one verse that'll crush your whole album." --Andre Benjamin