Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subject"Jill Scott Gets Engaged" swipe
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=20426&mesg_id=20426
20426, "Jill Scott Gets Engaged" swipe
Posted by guest, Sun Dec-31-00 06:09 PM
not to be spreading rumors, or maybe i'm just late on this news. swiped from vibe.com. thought it was interesting.

Jill Scott Gets Engaged:
During a recent interview with VIBE Online, neo soul artist Jill Scott announced that she was engaged to man named Lyzel. She also expressed her current views on the state of the music industry and her slow climb up the charts. Scott said, "I think that it could use some growth. I think it often times is directed towards the entertainer and not the artist." She added, I don't feel slept on. I think the best meal takes time. I went gold and that's incredible in 14 weeks."

Scott also expressed her dislike about being compared to fellow neo-soul artist Erykah Badu. She stated, "I'm not upset, but just disappointed. I'm obviously different. We don't sound a like, look alike, or act a like." She will also be collaborating with Darius Rucker of Hootie and the Blowfish on his forthcoming solo project. Who Is Jill Scott? was released in July and is currently ranked at number 96 on Soundscan.

sigs:
------------------------------
COMING MARCH 27TH, 2001: BILAL, 1st BORN SECOND!!!!!!!!!

". . . But if we label this
just picture what we might
lose--
that unexpected kiss, the
feeling that brought me
to you--

meanwhile my feelings
grow. . ."
-Bilal's "Love Poems"

"I was born as a second child
All I got was hand me downs
All that is what was left . . ."
-Bilal's "Second Child"

"I am fascinated by the history of our music. Jazz is a whorehouse. The original booty shake." -Bilal

"Bilal WILL be an Okayartist!!" -me

"Bilal doesn't sound like D... I swear guys, trust me on this!" -thebigfunk

"When you rhyme you get people's attention and if you have all the people's attention and all you can do is say, 'Yo, put yo' hands up,' you just fuckin' wasted that fuckin' moment! You wasted it! Do you realize what you coul have done?" Saul Williams