Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: The only reason LWFC sold like it did is because the light got mad radio period.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=20364&mesg_id=20381
20381, RE: The only reason LWFC sold like it did is because the light got mad radio period.
Posted by Skillz, Sat Dec-23-00 08:31 AM
The sixth sense barely got radio and it got a little video.

Due to connections Common has he was able to get "the light" not even the best song on that album on the Radio. And he scored. He got more Radio than ever before in his career..hence more record sales. Anyone who knows anything about the innerworkings of radio (and I'm not talking about college) knows that radio is completely about cash and politics.(If you are thinking about arguing with that point ..turn the radio on first) Its the same with the roots and "You got me" which by itself to TFA to gold(although that was a tight ass reckit) The light by itself took that lukewarm record to gold. I don't think

And no I don't want Com to starve.
What I want is for artists and fans Alike to stop justifying thngs based on "I had to eat"
Fans have to eat to but you still want them to buy your records.

LWFC is not completely wack. Just don't act like its "are you experienced" or even "Iladelph halflife" its more like "the love movement"