Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE:Doesn't really have anything to do with the point, and beat to death but I'ma say it again anyway.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=20364&mesg_id=20378
20378, RE:Doesn't really have anything to do with the point, and beat to death but I'ma say it again anyway.
Posted by Skillz, Fri Dec-22-00 09:56 PM
Much as we're all happy for the boa and we respect him for his Skillz LWFC is still a lukewarm reckit.

Its like an easy listening joint. You can try to dress it up by calling it Jazzy if you want. The chord changes and vibe on most of this joint are boring... Period.( course this is all just my opinion)

In classic OKP fashion Com and alot of his fansand (some crew) have mistaken Change for Growth. Regardless of what he's going through personally, and all that to me this record doesn't represent growth. Yeah its Different but so what. Post album Mos seems to be suffering from the same disease. Different is not always better some cats need to stick to turntables and Mp's, and stop trying to be D'angelo
(whose second record did represent real growth) as opposed to easy listening foolery thats not fooling me.

Okay bring on the bullets