Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecthow come i don't see
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=20166&mesg_id=20176
20176, how come i don't see
Posted by qoolquest, Sun Jan-21-01 12:18 AM
you saying this to the person who started this post in the first place?

>quest, you have the bad habit
>of tearing down other artists
>to defend your peoples...

i'm just stating "my opinion". what i'm supposed to be mr. pc up in this cause i co-own the site?

from my other scillion marvin gaye posts (for those that read em) know that i'm on marvin's dilz. and i don't see how making marvin more human is dissing him.

mostly everyone, including marvin himself loathes "dream of a lifetime"....that's why he left motown records. i'm stating a fact.

the "trouble man" score is a beautiful piece of work. but i don't consider it a "marvin gaye" album, like i consider "let's get it on" a marvin gaye album.

some of the songs on "midnight love" are 80's filler at best. half the time people can't separate a classic song from the album from which it came from (case in point "i used to love her"/ressurection) but again....this is my opinion.

and if y'all (especially you in the early days) expect me to "respect" someone's "opinion", then damnit why can't i get that same courtesy?

see below...
>
>
>>d is d.
>>
>>and all of marvin's work wasn't
>>that good.

hey, call me lazy. i've been breaking down marvin's strength's and weakness since day one. i didn't mean to confuse those who felt i was disrespecting his legacy.

>Stop that shit, for real...the worse
>example of it is when
>you slam Primo to defend
>Jay Dee...really, stop that shit,
>please.

uh, i don't recall me proclaiming jay dee as hip hop's best producer, slamming primo. again, this is okayplayer's near 2nd year. and i'm tired of breaking down primo's best stabs, and why the sun rises from the east is a masterwork, etc. i just assume y'all know where i come from.

again....my opinion. respect mines.

2001 is scarlet player year. here is my ish list.........

emmc (and all of his surnames)- those dickhead ass "steve" posts.
kaleel- insecure ass motherfucker, scurred of losing his wife to black thought.