Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectHAPPY BIRTHDAY ?UESTLOVE!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19983&mesg_id=19983
19983, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ?UESTLOVE!
Posted by maria, Thu Jan-18-01 03:25 AM
you know that it would have to take something this special for me to post here again. so i'm back, just once more.. for a good reason.

although it's a couple days early (i had to beat the crowds), i'd like to be the first to extend birthday wishes to THE funkiest drummer i know. his love for music is insatiable. and his love for people is even bigger than that. he extends himself to no end for the culture, the art.. and for his fans and peers. he is someone who truly loves what he does and does it because he too, is a fan.

he has taught me about patience and love.. about true friendship and strength.. about kindness and forgiveness... about dedication and faith.. and even why duct tape works best on a snare drum! there's just so many wonderful things i could say about him.. but i hope that he already knows how truly blessed i, and so many other people are, just because he is a part of this world.

so today, i ask you to please help me celebrate a very special day.. i give thanks to God, for allowing such a wonderful human being to exist.. and to his parents for making him and raising him to be such a good man. he is too brilliant, kind, and beautiful for simple words..

so.. before i get all mushy.. please wish the funkiest, soulfulest, okayplayer co-founderin', t-shirt designin', up-all-night postin', DJin', steel drum playin', lazer tag lovin', pool cheatin', afro pick stickin', sample decipherin', drumstick throwin', chatroom bootin', multi-artist producin', tv theme song singin', record diggin', soulquarianest man i know..

happy birthday, ahmir. i love you.

always,
maria.

..less anger..more smile..

**if you, or anyone you know is a victim of rape/abuse/incest, please call the RAINN organization at 1.800.656.HOPE or go to http://www.rainn.org for help. UNLOCK THE SILENCE**

R.I.P. Erinness..