Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI thought it was pretty good..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19840&mesg_id=19893
19893, I thought it was pretty good..
Posted by djrav, Tue Feb-06-01 10:25 AM
Honestly, this was a better track than I thought it would be. I am not a huge Evidence fan, but he came pretty nice, kept my attention well. The beat was nice (of course...Kut Master is always dope) and Babu was a nice touch. But where is Rakaa? That would have put this over the top! Does anyone know why he wasn't involved?

I'm sorry, but Eminem's diss songs were wack, well, at least quitter was wack. THe first track was original and funny, but quitter was bullshit, he sounded like a 12 year old throwing a temper tantrum because his mom took away his Nintendo 64. But that being said, if it was a freestyle battle, Eminem would kill Evidence. Unfortunately for him though, he has lost all his street credibility and won't be around too much longer...and he doesn't have the backing of people like Kut Master...

Evidence should have added:
--You call me a geek and say you don't have time for underground bullshit, but you would be nothing without your underground buzz.
--I am geek? I did this shit myself! You needed Dre to baby step you through it.
--Your whole first album's concept was biting Kwest The Madd Lad(right down to the skits) the only difference is you replaced the sexual stuff with violence (maybe that's why he was one of the first to get thanked on the album!)
--It ain't about sales, its about longevity, let's see who lasts longer?
--Black Sheep already did have your shit 10 years ago.
--Him being a closet homosexual, and that's why he's so anti-gay
in his lyrics
--Him getting his ass beat in high school
--Trying to be Black