Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Everlast's dis song was better
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19840&mesg_id=19873
19873, RE: Everlast's dis song was better
Posted by application, Mon Feb-05-01 09:46 PM
Evidence's diss outdid Everlasts by a lot. Better beat and better rhymes. I thought Evidence came very nice, though I wish he hadn't stooped to using fag and the feminine disses. None the less, the Chino XL line and the stuff about him not really producing his tracks was classic. Also, the Fred Durst thing had me laughing.

Honestly, I think eminem could win this but he has been disapointing me with these recent tracks. His lines aimed at Dilated have been paticularly weak.

"Dilated, go ask your people how I leave ya
with your three CD's, nobody sees, when they released
Evidence, don't fuck around with real MC's
who ain't ready for no underground beef, so fuck geeks"

So, basically he says they're obscure, but being obscure doesn't mean wack as Eminem should know (he wasn't exactly a star after first album or EP)

"Dilated you violated
Now you 'bout to get annihilated, we gon' bury you
Iriscience get choked up and yoked up
All you underground bitches get your throats cut"

This was just tacky. "choked up and yoked up?" And "all you underground bitches", please dissing the whole underground is a stupid thing for an up and coming act to do. It's almost like Eminem and Bizzarre forgot they were obscure, underground artists at one time. In fact, Dilated got more fame from their first 12" then D-12 had after an LP and an EP from Eminem and an EP from Bizarre.

Basically, you can debate if Eminem is beating Everlast or not but in terms of Eminem vs. Dilated, Dilated's killing him. It's not even much of a contest.

-Ryan

"Police don't sweep to get the dust out
They want your name in the system,
I need to mention the death penalty is
legal lynchin
People listen, they got teenagers up in
the line up
To fill the new facility they built,
they need the crime up
Please, the war on drugs is really war
on the youth
War on the people