Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI'm in tears......
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=1983&mesg_id=2033
2033, I'm in tears......
Posted by EAS, Sun Sep-19-04 10:25 AM
I'm happy for those who went and had a great time. I'm also happy to hear the performances were off the hook. It's been a long time since many great hip hop & soul acts were ever given the opportunity to come together and put on a real show without the glamour & glitz. I mean, the range of people that were there from platinum plus acts to hip hop legends to one of the top comedians of our time all in the neighborhood kickin' it puttin' on a show for the people. That's love and an example of what a true show involving hip hop can be. I'm amazed at all the acts showing up, especially the Fugees, and getting down and showing love for one another. True m.c.'s, true singers, true musicianship, and great performers has to result in classic performances and I'm glad to read that it did. Even though I wasn't there, I'm glad to hear that it was a success.
By Dave helping the show happen kinda goes to show how down he really is. Nothing corporate could pull off a show like this....I think. Only those that are down and who understand good music could put on these types of gigs. I can't believe that even after the main show was over, they were still up there doing a jam session. Would have loved to see Jean, Buckshot, and Jeru take stabs at the mic. I wonder how long we'll have to wait until a show of this magnitude comes around again.