Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectit was hoodstock
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=1983&mesg_id=2024
2024, it was hoodstock
Posted by NuPwrSoul, Sun Sep-19-04 08:04 AM
like everyone said... it was a dope SHOW.

our very own 'hoodstock

missed kanye cuz we were on the second set of buses (why did the buses take so long to come back?)

highlights for me:

erykah
--when the wind kept blowin her afro wig she was like EFFIT and pulled it off and kept on sangin... like I got more important thangs to do than worry bout this damn wig
--her and common doin love of my life

jill
--i need you. it is my favorite jam off of beautifully human and her delivery of it yesterday gave me goosebumps

fugees
--dave's intro... "I know yall heard we were going to have lauryn hill... but we ran into some technical difficulties" i was like ohhh lawd here we go with another lauryn no-show... but he continued: "columbia recs did not clear her performing her songs, so lauryn came up with an alternative.... the fugees" the crowd went nuts!
--all the classics were a highlight, esp lauryn performing lost one straight at wyclef's face while he strummed smells like teen spirit on his guitar that was WILD!!

my only complaints were:
--the delay in the second round of buses coming
--the dang speaker in the front that kept going out... which means most of the vocals were drowned out by the music :-/