Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectWHO DRESSES COMMON!!!!!!??????
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19808
19808, WHO DRESSES COMMON!!!!!!??????
Posted by guest, Sun Feb-11-01 09:04 AM
Look, the Outkast/Snowboard/Hobo hibrid thing ain't kickin! Remeinds me of that scene in "The Toy" when Richard Pryor got holes from the piranha. *shakin head* The hats can stay (for the most part anyway) COM! What happened to the good ol' baseball cap from "Can I Borrow"?
19809, the answer will get you HEATed.
Posted by qoolquest, Sun Feb-11-01 04:11 PM
"Jazz is heading down because of the task of acquiring the intellect to further it. The refusal to acknowledge the intellect required to produce the music with each generation gets weaker, because you can’t produce people with the intellect required to defend yourself from the attacks of the ignorant." -wynton marsalis

"Hip Hop is heading down because of the task of acquiring the intellect to further it. The refusal to acknowledge the intellect required to produce the music with each generation gets weaker, because you can’t produce people with the intellect required to defend yourself from the attacks of the ignorant." -?uestlove

19810, RE: WHO DRESSES COMMON!!!!!!??????
Posted by okaybrazilian, Sun Feb-11-01 04:31 PM
ashaka givens, i've heard?

mzhotgirl...Essaywhaman...GoldenWon...Preach...HersheyBit...
brown_thought...naame...akweykan...Lyterall...MoJoTaters...
Loryn...Imfntubby...ILLusional...tRoUbLeMnD...smiler...
TotalRequestloveLive...WhiGoStaR...itsmeaight...erjs408...

giving you true youth since 2000

**Handsome Boy Modeling School, the best $60 you'll ever spend**
19811, the bohemian devil
Posted by ILLWILL, Sun Feb-11-01 06:29 PM
hahaha...i amuse myself!

..WILL..

Brainfood:
http://geocities.com/junebugs_sister/thoughts.htm

V I V R A N C E (2nd Branch)
TinkyWinky - marley marl
Vivrant - Pete Rock
bfnh - Premier
guinness - Jay Dee
Mosaic - Hi Tek
ILLWILL - Hank Shocklee
SqueegieXM - Prince Paul
Kay Dee - Buckwild
Nickelz45 - Diamond D
Raina - Jazzy Joyce
Phil - The Rza
Donwill - Automator
honorable mention:
fire - fire

"cinnamon roll or apple fritter = BANGIN!!!!"--DJ Teddy Bear grrrrrrrrrr!!!
19812, i love comm's new style,
Posted by daveyg, Sun Feb-11-01 06:36 PM
i know you'll resent me for sayin it, but i do.
i dress similarly, not quite as similar, but it's funky.
peace
w/love
dave

here's the "official okayoungins list" if you wanna be on just hit me up(aim davegilbertson/email:the button w/ the lines on it) or contact dj_teddy_bear(dj_teddy_bear@hotmail.com), he's warm and cudly...the OKAYoungins are...
dj_teddy_bear...daveyg...zero...DROots...albinomexican...
illness...okaymattd...HomerILLiad404...okaybrazillian...
drFunkenstein...vuduchild...tygris...Scout...sugarflyy...
there will be more, just post and put the list or somethin bout okayoungins in your sig...peace:we need shirts or some shit...

19813, RE: i love comm's new style,
Posted by Aquarian, Wed Feb-14-01 12:15 PM
I do too (most of the times he's so fine when I see him I have to close my eyes, because I might overdose :). I really want to know where he got that Pisces shirt he was rockin' on the homepage a couple weeks ago (pic so phat I had to memorex it). I want one with the Water-Bearer!

"Dear God, wherever You are, could You please hook me up?" - Madonna in The Next Best Thing
19814, Sounds Hoeish..
Posted by loaded5, Thu Feb-15-01 03:10 AM
U love another Nigga's style...come on now..word that shit different..
19815, naw man
Posted by daveyg, Thu Feb-15-01 04:42 AM
i dig his style of dress, as i dig his delivery style and shit, aint gotta word that differently for nothin
peace
w/love
dave

here's the "official okayoungins list" if you wanna be on just hit me up(aim davegilbertson/email:the button w/ the lines on it) or contact dj_teddy_bear(dj_teddy_bear@hotmail.com), he's warm and cudly...the OKAYoungins are...
there will be more, just post and put the list or somethin bout okayoungins in your sig...peace:we need shirts or some shit...

19816, U love his style..
Posted by loaded5, Thu Feb-15-01 06:56 AM
U a brainwashed one too I see..

"Ooohh venom/cross my heart hope to die/stick a needle in my eye/If you didn't have Suga Free/you'd have to invent him"~Suga Free

"We stay on point like Stacy Adams"~Kokane

"I know when you'll change your mind/that's when your rent is due (when your rent is due)/and you're many months behind/How's that to treat your friend/with that attitude/you can leave it all behind"~Raphael Saddiq

19817, wtf you mean by that?
Posted by daveyg, Thu Feb-15-01 08:09 AM
no i'm not brainwashed, and no i am not intimate with ms badu (therefore causing me to love that type of clothing) explain please
peace
w/love
dave

19818, Brainwashed by
Posted by loaded5, Thu Feb-15-01 11:09 PM
the Okayplayerism...None of the artists on this site can do no wrong...i forgot..my mistake

"Ooohh venom/cross my heart hope to die/stick a needle in my eye/If you didn't have Suga Free/you'd have to invent him"~Suga Free

"I know when you'll change your mind/that's when your rent is due (when your rent is due)/and you're many months behind/How's that to treat your friend/with that attitude/you can leave it all behind"~Raphael Saddiq

19819, never said that
Posted by daveyg, Fri Feb-16-01 04:13 AM
i was dressin my way bfore i got into hip hop, bfore i heard of okayplayer, bfore, i almost wanna say bfore comm was, from what i hear his style is fairly new (seeing as ppl still have the baseball cap comm {someone who apparently has left the building according to some} fresh in their memories still)
so me, finding someone else express what they wear in a similar way to as i have been and will continue to do.
that's brainwashed?
i guess so man.
you assumed a lot of things to say that, wouldn't you say?
peace
w/love
dave

drFunkenstein...vuduchild...tygris...Afroteck...fLee...Scout...
sugarflyy...Adrenaline...RipRapRoad...SayWhatMan..
Divine Sheba...IlladOLphINS...ICE...

19820, hold up
Posted by daveyg, Fri Feb-16-01 04:15 AM
one more thing, because i am into his expression of what he wears, does that mean i agree and think everything he wears looks good on him or would on me? hell no.
he'll wear things that i would never, i'll tell you that right now.
but he takes chances and he's tryin new grounds, that's respectable to me, sorry if that means i'm "brainwashed"
peace
w/love
dave

drFunkenstein...vuduchild...tygris...Afroteck...fLee...Scout...
sugarflyy...Adrenaline...RipRapRoad...SayWhatMan..
Divine Sheba...IlladOLphINS...ICE...

19821, I understand now..
Posted by loaded5, Fri Feb-16-01 05:31 AM
Just peeped your sig...U are a youngn...very impressionable..forgive me....move on

19822, I do!
Posted by el_rey, Mon Feb-12-01 11:12 AM
Now what I want to know is: who changes his bedpan?!!

love and respect,
El Rey

NOW GO CHECK OUT MY GROUP'S WEB SITE!: http://www.wemba-music.org

http://www.mumia2000.org
http://www.mumia.org

"shit makes no sense for music to be this ill" - atruhead talking about the Bilal promo

http://www.blackgrrrlrevolution.org
cuz yer either down with the revolution or not ...

19823, how does he dress snowboard??
Posted by UrbanCowgRRL, Mon Feb-12-01 11:42 AM
shit's too funny!

peace
Kyle
19824, Blame Erykah!
Posted by deacon, Mon Feb-12-01 11:47 AM
First Dre, now she got Comm dressin' all crazy! She just has that effect on men. I think Carl Thomas should be her next victim(him being one headwrap or dashiki away from being truly "neo soul").

"You're here, I'm pleased.." Jilly from Philly
19825, RE: WHO DRESSES COMMON!!!!!!??????
Posted by urbgriot, Mon Feb-12-01 11:45 AM
Shit is Hella Wack...

19826, RE: WHO DRESSES COMMON!!!!!!??????
Posted by nuszik, Mon Feb-12-01 01:09 PM
who the FUCK cares how the brutha dresses? why must we care? we like his music dont we?? what happen to freedom of expression? why cant he just dress the way he wants to without people disrespecting it? god damn ya'll!!

*****QUOTES*****

"I CANT BE BOTHERED..." - ME
19827, *lol*...
Posted by guest, Mon Feb-12-01 01:17 PM
i'm sorry, but this just seems like a funny question.

mofo's act like he's 3 or something.
like "if mommy or whoever dresses him takes a couple of days off, i don't know, man, he might be naked on his next album cover!. *lol*

seriously, i think he has the mechanical skills required to dress himself.

and furthermore, does he rhyme like a n-gga who wears baseball caps?

go on.

outta sight, outta mind.
19828, Not any more..
Posted by urbgriot, Mon Feb-12-01 01:22 PM
peace..
19829, whostolethesoul?
Posted by paragon216, Mon Feb-12-01 03:18 PM
who stole my name and forgot to remove the price tag..?..
19830, LOL...
Posted by los79, Mon Feb-12-01 06:55 PM
The answer will get you "heat"ed...lol

does ashaka take orders? cause I want to look "freaky like Marv Albert"...minus the rug on top of his head!

I want an Iced out Denim Jaket with my name airbrushed in the back. But not with diamonds though, just those plastic pieces that they sell at Kmart and shit. WHAT! I got crazy Ideas...

---------------------------------------

Homer Simpson recalling how lisa
got her sax:
"Oh, well! It all happened in 1990!
Back then, "The Artist Formerly
Known As Prince" was currently
known as "Prince". Tracey Ullman
was entertaining America with
songs, sketches, and crudely drawn
filler material. And Bart was eagerly
awaiting his first day of school."

"I'm like King Midas on reverse.
Everything I touch turns to shit"
-The Sopranos
19831, my friend just made some pants
Posted by daveyg, Mon Feb-12-01 07:03 PM
w/ those plastic jems all up an down em
peace
w/love
dave

19832, M.O.P. dresses Common
Posted by spirit, Tue Feb-13-01 11:54 PM
New York (Reuters) - After much talk of "yapping fools" and "downtown swinging", Brooklyn rap duo M.O.P. have been exposed as closet Afrocentrists in a recent front page story in USA Today.

"I had no idea that Lil Fame hand-sewed kufis," stated producer DJ Premier in an excited tone after hearing the news. "He spends so much time yapping jewels from rappers auditioning for Roc-a-Fella, who knew that he had the time to design a clothing line?"

Apparently, the modern Brooklyn armed robber/rapper has more time than one would think.

"I got the inspiration after I saw Biggie rocking the multicolored sweaters," explained Lil Fame, the shorter member of M.O.P., resting briefly from pistol whipping rapper Lil Zane. "I thought to myself, 'If Biggie can claim hardcore and rock bright colors like THAT, maybe I could design clothes for other hardcore cats."

After being turned down by numerous rappers, many of whom he later robbed, Lil Fame was finally blessed with the opportunity to dress rapper Busta Rhymes.

"We didn't want to spill the beans, so we let everyone think Busta designed his own clothes. But come on, who else but Fame could think of an all red suit with matching red hat?" explained Billy Danze, Lil Fame's partner in M.O.P. "We got the idea from looking at autopsy photos. The bloodstained look, you know?"

Following their successful designs with Busta Rhymes, M.O.P. moved on to dress rapper Andre Benjamin of Outkast and singer Erykah Badu. Finally, word spread to Chicago rapper Common that M.O.P. was behind the bohemian fashion revolution.

"I saw some of the work they did with Q-Tip, the crazy furs and such," explained Common, still sweaty from 20 straight hours of hand clapping in a Jay Dee recording session. "After that, it was over. I had to have it."

"It's a good feeling knowing that the money I make from pawning stolen No Limit medallions can go back into a business which helps the community," stated Lil Fame with a smile.

From downtown swinging to profound stringing, M.O.P. are mashing rhyming and fashion designing all at once.

Thoughtfully yours,

Spirit

http://www.mp3.com/miscellaneousflux - click for instant audio gratification

http://mp3.washingtonpost.com/bands/in_shallah.shtml
- b-boy soul music for the world to
uprock to...

"I opened up for cats who ain't as dope as me/While I ripped the flow/they lip synched the show hopelessly" Juice - "Sincerely"

"If y'all n----s don't feel me, then I'll blame it on your parents" - Tash "Smokefest"
19833, RE: M.O.P. dresses Common
Posted by MajrLeaguer, Thu Feb-15-01 07:07 AM
fuckin' hilarious ... why aren't you writing for television?
19834, RE: M.O.P. dresses Common
Posted by PAP, Fri Feb-16-01 05:34 AM
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! That shit was funny as hell.....almost made me forget how i REALLY feel right now......
19835, Ray Charles...
Posted by loaded5, Wed Feb-14-01 12:45 AM
How else can U explain that shit????

19836, so you're the height of ...
Posted by illmeta, Thu Feb-15-01 03:57 AM
fashion paragon??!!

sheesh...i'm way too cool for this post...

word bond....and shit.

my pitchers!! my pitchers!!!
http://www.geocities.com/b_victoria/meta_s_page.html

19837, the sesame street teamers
Posted by fire, Thu Feb-15-01 07:03 AM

the MINNIE ATLAS project - coming soon

the funk will not be televised
the funk will not be plagiarized
the funk will not be sampled
the weak will all be trampled
the funk will not be duplicated
the funk will not be conjugated
the funk will only be recorded
the weak will not be rewarded
the power of the funk compels u
stay tuned for the future of the funk………..

BLACK MUSIC 4EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont forget that you umust pit the young back male vs. the old black male. You must use the dark skin slaves vs the light skinned slaves and the light skin slaves vs. the dark skin slaves. You must use the female vs. the male, and the male vs. the female. You must have all your caucasian servants and overseers distrust all blacks, but it is necessary that your black slaves trust and depend on us. They must love, respect and trust only us. - Willie Lynch on How to control your slaves

The Negro revolution is controlled by foxy white liberals, by the Government itself. But the Black Revolution is controlled only by God. -Malcolm X/Speech, 1 Dec. 1963, New York City.

"Sisqo...Unleash The Dragon? Nigga Please...more like Unleash the DRAG Queen" - DivineSheba

19838, RE: WHO DRESSES COMMON!!!!!!??????
Posted by DPfan4life, Thu Feb-15-01 08:38 AM
its called growing man, whats up with these childish azz posts?

white people only make up 8% of the world

"the differences are like pepsi and coke but both of them are bad for you"-M1 of dead prez on the democrat republican presidential race

Big Boi freestyles, I don't," Dre admits. "Because I think too much. But I'll write one verse that'll crush your whole album."

"these are the times that try a nigga soul population control we waisten time chasen gold they after more than your mind they want your nation as a whole its time 2 take off the blindfold"-Dead Prez

19839, RE: get the fuck outta here...
Posted by QweenFiyah, Fri Feb-16-01 12:14 AM
x(
You playin'right? *lol*

Common can wear whateva the fuck he wanna wear..what eva make a artist get they shyt out..
whateva way they want to express thier creativity is they bid-ness.

You talkin some 8th grade-freshman in hs type shit.."no he dont got on no fake ass pumas..say lamas on the side"

Cool out.
You know?

Open Your 3rd Eye
http://www.geocities.com/kisszion/