Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Confusing Jill Scott commercial?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19753&mesg_id=19802
19802, RE: Confusing Jill Scott commercial?
Posted by guest, Sun Feb-11-01 11:16 PM
Yo I can't say that I've seen the commercial, but I can see how Jill could've been considered to be light-skinned. Maybe it's my location but if Jill was in Dallas she would be called "yellow," when I think of "brown" I would think of Erykah. At any rate, I can understand how one can be teased for not being "black" enough. I am still not totally accepted by certain members of the black community because my hair ain't quite nappy enough to be down. And I'm too dark for the light cats, but thats neither here nor there. This color(yellow,red,brown,black,blueblack) shit has been systematically put into our heads to divide and conquer. And there's no denying that it starts in elementary schools everywhere when kids tease each other according to complexion. Point is, we catch hell from all sides(including our own), but we can't let that shit divide us. Revolution can't occur until there is an evolution of our mindframes.

Peace Yall

Chino

"Free your mind and your ass will follow, the kingdom of heaven lies within" ~George Clinton