Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectShe may have been
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19753&mesg_id=19779
19779, She may have been
Posted by L_O_Quent, Thu Feb-15-01 10:32 AM
light skinned back in the days. I know mad pple I knew back when that don't particulary pass for light skinned now. As far as having beef with her about her experiances I think you need to know where she's been before you start holding something agaisnt her.

As far as it being on Black History, black history is about overcoming obsticles and if that was an obstical for her and she overcame it than it's black history.

Personally I think that someone hit the nail on the head when they said they didn't like white pple hearing our dirty laudry. I think that we have kept them in the dark on too many issues so far, let them know what they and their forefathers have submitted us to.

if it's still a problem I believe that those that have those problem are going by the western idealism of thought (read: white) by trying to push their idea of what's right and wrong or which bag to put it in on others

Carry On

I want to cook you a soup that warms your soul - Sade

Buy Angieee's book because her cats need the money they have been surviving off of church donated "slightly" damaged dog food. So buy the book. - L_O_Quent