Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Thank You!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19753&mesg_id=19777
19777, RE: Thank You!
Posted by guest, Thu Feb-08-01 12:07 PM
No it doesn't bother me that she is fat.

But a statement like that is useless, being is also a political stance, every light-skinned person in this country knows this...that's why you don't hear light-skinned people who know better running around saying "i'm sayin' it loud, i'm light and i'm proud." if she wanted to CLEARly convey that she was proud to be black, then that's all she had to say. She can leave the other part of the phrasing to another era where it belongs so it's not subject to misinterpretation. My niece (6yo) who hears alot of garbage from her friends in school about color, thought the statement was saying something else.

To have to explain that "Jill couldn't possibly have meant that" was a waste of my time. Had she edited statement so it was all-encompassing of all of our hues, i and countless others would have seen her as she wants to be seen...as a proud sister.

Instead, we (people i know outside the boards) are all debating whether she has lost her damn mind.