Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectThe Truth
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19617&mesg_id=19694
19694, The Truth
Posted by guest, Mon Feb-12-01 12:43 PM
Bun could not approach Com's lyricism. If 'real' refers to Bun's capacity to kick every day average insults like "I'll kill you if I come to your town" and battle in the vein of tupac (fuckyoupussypunketetc) then sure he's 'real'

but if you wanna talk skills....Com will kill...Plus he can take it from the metaphorical to the literal to the double meaning levels

Bun B would be killed.

"I wanna give a shout out...to funkmaster flex and all the dj's across the world. I want to give a shout out to my n***a luke, I wanna give a shout out to my n***a suge knight,...to my n***a dr. dre, snoop dogg. I wanna give a shout out to..umm...ummm...ummm what's them n***as? Outkast!? I wanna give a shout out to ummmm them crazy n***as... that...in parts of the world that I never been to. I wanna give a shout out...to the eskimos! I wanna give a shout out to the submarines...I wanna give a shout out to th...uh the army navy airforce marines! Knowuhmsayin? Y'all playin my music...in the submarines, in the boats! Knowuhmsayin?!? Play that sh*t! Youknowuhmsayin?!? Called travelin' music bustin yo ass style! Yo Big Baby Jesus youknowhumsayin?!? One looove! I give a shout out to all the women! I give a shout out to alll the babies, all the munchkins all across the world playin hopscotch!! I give a shout out to all the schoolteachers! I give a shout out to uhhhhm....ummmm...myself!" - ODB "I Can't Wait"