Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectIgnorance begone!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19617&mesg_id=19663
19663, Ignorance begone!
Posted by Warlock, Wed Feb-14-01 08:39 AM
First of all, since when is someone's skill on the mic determined by their aptitude for violence? Even more so, if you're so much "realer" why start a battle with a subpar verse that in all probability will result in a loss for you? If you're that "real" why not just swing on the offender and be done with it? Second, if you really ARE (big ol' if - bordering insuated prevarication) a better MC, then why is it even an issue to band someone from performing? If you're that much better, prove it and let the audience decide. Lastly, what are you Bun B's A/R manager? Did you sit down with him in a coffee shop and watch him knock someone out? Who are you to determine or even judge an MC's realness? I'm a common fan and I'm not disputing your claim that Bun B is a better MC (matter of opinion), but I don't believe he is. What I am CRUSHING is your reasoning. Realness? You hypothesize victory for Bun B based soley on an arbitrary concept as listener measured "realness?" Real, is the @$$-whoopin that Common put on cube. Common's track record speaks for itself.

"the malice I use is comparable to a warlock." - Murdoc

"I never said that battlin me, would be impossible
I just think it's highly motherfuckin improbable
You talkin to a nigga that can split molecules
to subatomic particles, strong enough to stop a bull
Body-slam two oxes and drop a mule
Urinatin rocket fuel" - Canibus