Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectAight...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19523&mesg_id=19616
19616, Aight...
Posted by Brew, Sun Feb-18-01 07:59 PM
I waited to comment on this post so I could make a complete overview, so I got a few comments I want to make on this subject. Im playing somewhat of a Devil's Advocate because I really agree with both sides of this argument. First, I'd like to say this. If y'all can afford samples on all other albums, what makes Com's so different ?? Secondly, bringing in Pete Rock Primo and No ID would do no more than elevate the album to another level. Hearing the Soulquarians and Jay Dee for an ENTIRE album with no outside production and no samples to me sounds pretty damn dry, but like I said I agree with both sides and I think everyone should just shut up and wait for the album, cause who knows. But on that subject I just want to say that just because No ID is doing some RnB shit now means nothing. That doesn't mean that he can't make a hiphop beat anymore, it just means he's changed his preference, not that he's incapable of making hiphop. And even if he is making RnB or soul shit, Com is into that anyway, isn't he being produced by the SOULquarians ? Im sure No ID could've done the Geto Heaven Rmx just as well as the Soulquarians did.

But anyway, on to the other side. Com has managed to amaze me with every album he's dropped. Whether it's No ID, Dug Inf, Ynot, Pete Rock, Primo, or the Soulquarians and Jay Dee, I have the confidence in my favorite MC that he will make the hottest shit out there when he's released. I'm not gonna pass any judgement on how the album will sound. I will pass judgement on how it's being done as I hear about it, and the title (Holy hell), but until I hear every song on the album, I'm not going to "guess" whether it's going to be classic or if it's going to be terrible. That's why I think we should all be patient and just wait for the final product. And who knows ?? Everyone may just be fucking with us, Com may be in the studio with all his Chi peeps right now, or even if not, maybe Com will change his mind on the sampling idea if he figures out how difficult it will be. Let's just chill and cop all the dope albums til Common Sense drops his next, then we can make our comments and judgements on it. Peace.