Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Ya'll Cats...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19523&mesg_id=19608
19608, RE: Ya'll Cats...
Posted by TastyDog, Tue Jan-30-01 10:27 AM
I like the hardcore stuff he has done in the past too. However I like the latest stuff he has done just as much. It is different. When I want to hear the harder stuff...I pull them out and play them. All I am saying is how many times can you do the same thing over and over before you get bored with it. You want to do it a different way. You want to have fun with it. He is doing that.

I agree with you though, there is too much wishy washy talk about our "favorite artists". We talk about how much we love their work. Then we say that last album was whack. But everybody saying it is whack owns a copy of it. If it is that bad don't buy the next one. I've had to do it before. As much as I loved RUN-DMC, and LL and countless others, I'll be damned if I ever buy another album from them. If you don't agree, hell don't agree to the fullest. Boycott their shit.

I mean come on we are callin' Common's shit whack and certified doomed before we even hear it...right to everyone who's involved faces. What a damn insult. ?uest, Com, D, all of them ought to be pissed with the folks they gotta call their fans because we get on here and diss them to their faces with all seriousness. If Com said FUCK IT. I ain't making no more records. We'd all be right here arguing whether or not we miss Com or if he didn't care about us. SUPPORT THE MUHFUCKAS WE LOVE or else I'ma be stuck listening to the typical radio bullshit.

We act like we've done something to even deserve the shit he is giving us. His shit is always heartfelt and personal and then we tell him it ain't shit! He got into this game cuz he loved Hip-Hop and music...not cuz he wanted to make us happy. If he does it that is an added plus. But first his music makes him happy.

All I am saying is let's show a little respect to these folks. There is only so many times that you can hurt the ones close to you before they leave you alone.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"MOOSEHEAD: A great beer and a new experience for a moose"