Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Quest, Quest, Quest...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19523&mesg_id=19601
19601, RE: Quest, Quest, Quest...
Posted by movement, Mon Jan-29-01 03:14 PM
"one day i was trying to be myself/ when some n**** asked me why dont you come hard/ (somethin something..)lifes hard/ its hard to get a job/ its hard to stop drinking/ its hard for a lot of these hard n**** to start thinking" --common (this might not be a esact qoute, i dont have the cd on hand)

but im saying, let dukes live...lket him be comm, hes not guru (so he aint have to have a primo cut) he dosent have to have no i.d. (though it would be nice, bring the people who started with you) if he doesnt work with pete, he doesnt!

let the man be him! i mean damn, people who want to say hip-hop is only this or that, make it sound like it has to be a formala! art has no rules, and common is an artist!

let him be him! if you dont like it, you dont like it, it doesmt mean that you hatin, you just dont like it! and im sure common (like most artist) give a eff, if you like it or not.

all i care about is if it has soul! if its soulful, then it well be powerful!

peace,
movement

p.s. sorry for the bad spelling

-----------------------------------------------------------------

hip-optics ep coming soon!

hip-optics = poetry painting visuals.

spoken worked album, laced by front man MOVEMENT(ME, HEHE). AND BEATS BY DIALEK, AND MOVEMENT AND SOME OTHER UP AND COMING NORTHWEST PRODUCES!

we well be coming to a town near you soon.

new york in june 2001!