Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Where's No I.D??
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19523&mesg_id=19585
19585, RE: Where's No I.D??
Posted by guest, Sat Jan-27-01 08:10 AM
dont get me wrong, LWFC was a dope album, and it was a change of sound for com(some good some bad). but to me, resurrection is still his best(my fav. hip-hop album of all time). maybe it's because im still wishing to re-live the days of 90-94 with the hard beats over the nice samples. plus, as artists are, com's style was more hungry back then....like he says for himself "this industry will make u lose intensity". i know com he's grown up since resurrection and he cant fuck with those immature topics of "gettin' wit bitches" and boozin; but it seems nowadays com has no anger with emcees anymore and he dont even wanna write battle shit like he used to(e.g. hungry, food for funk). his rhymes have elevated and matured and he most def hasnt fallen off lyrically, he just changed his concepts a bit, as life makes u do, so maybe i have to accept that change is constant and it's not good to go backwards in life, but.................
com did promise he was gonna get back with no i.d. and hopefully ynot and keep it chicago!! i just wanna know when he's bringing the trophys back home, like he said he was?? cuz, right now, it still looks like a brooklyn thing for com....but i didnt hear any hard beats with some ill dusty vinyl samples, like NO ID CAN PROVIDE......
1994-BEST YEAR IN HIP-HOP:
common came out with the classic
organized konfusion
roots
smif n wessun
jeru
del
digable planets
meth
gang starr
ALL THE RAW SHIT!!!!