Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectpshh
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19523&mesg_id=19534
19534, pshh
Posted by qoolquest, Fri Jan-26-01 10:44 PM
jay is way ahead of the track. he is after prince's title. most of his shit is live instruments. 9 times out of 10 most sampled shit is on indy shit. you think blackalicius is gonna make a nia on mca? matter of fact. (and lord knows what price jurassic 5 paid to get them samples on quality control) name a major label album that has been made in the vein of a "mecca and the soul brother" or "nation of millions"

there is none.

you thought de la just wanted to experiment with some rnb keyboards cause they 30? or that diamond d is jacking off in the basement? or pete is just waiting to strike back?

anti sampling laws is killing hip hop folks. you can say what you want. i live it everyday. anything that makes it past clearence was snuck. plain and simple. snuck like drugs at customs. sure a "light" will get through, cause it's just one loop. y'all think we paid for them detroit emrald drums? that is the backbeat? i already went through this.

for those who speak out against live instruments in hip hop is plain ignorant to me. that spits in the face of the work that i've put in for the last decade. not to mention that must mean that dre's work is underestimated and unappreciated (you think dre is using samples? nope)not to metion discounting the history of hip hop for it's first 8 years on wax. sugarhill? instruments. africa bambatta? instruments. "the show"? live instruments. "children's story" "mona lisa" instruments. whodini, instruments. i could go on, but the first 8 years and the last 5 years have been instrument heavy. check every rap song on 106th and park! for god sakes even "the blast" is instruments. and jay has been using live shit. damn y'all.....when y'all gonna learn?

more than that. i wanna clear something. com is not a person who's easily led. all decisions are made by him. his ideas are executed. not me and jay feeding him fantasies.

2001 is scarlet player year. here is my ish list.........

emmc (and all of his surnames)- those dickhead ass "steve" posts.
kaleel- insecure ass motherfucker, scurred of losing his wife to black thought.