Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectWell, how about Common?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19385&mesg_id=19428
19428, Well, how about Common?
Posted by guest, Thu Feb-22-01 05:39 AM
I know that celebs are human just like the rest of us. But, I had the opportunity to meet Common this past summer and I thought he was a jerk face. I did not stop him in the middle of the street on his way to the subway or anything, in fact I met him in a professional setting during rehearsal for the SpitKicker tour. He was rehearsing at the Theater I was working at at the time. He was sitting out in the house and I walked up to him, I introduced myself, got a half assed handshake and a barely audible "Yeah, hi Rasheed" and before I could even get one word out to tell him how much I enjoyed his music and ask him about the Summer Stage concert, I quickly saw the back of his head as he started to talk to Dummy, leaving me standing there with my mouth open. It was very embarrassing. I have learned not to say much to artists unless I assess the situation properly which is what I thought I did, there wasn't even anyone around. I do not nor have I ever had Groupie Fever, I don't know if he was used to females sweatin him, but that is just not me. I still like his music but, I thought he was very rude, Sorry.