Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Ever Met Talib Kweli In Person?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19385&mesg_id=19423
19423, RE: Ever Met Talib Kweli In Person?
Posted by guest, Wed Feb-21-01 08:26 AM
I've definitely met talib,and he's the coolest cat.I met him once after the spitkicker tour and once at medgar evers college after mos def and him did a benefit concert for the NKiru bookstore.The first time I had spoke to him,I asked him about jay-z,and what he thought of that Big pimpin' joint,and he thought:"That shit is iight".He's definitely no mos def,but he's not a conceited person-at least the times that I have come into contact with him.I do have to admit though,he's definitely hardcore-the same way he does the tracks.Mos was more on the friendly tip,but to say talib is conceited would be an extreme exxageration.Hell,we even spoke for a bit about my favorite track and what he meant by this or that on another track.Talib if you ever read this,thanks for signing my shit,and thanks for being cool-mos you too.Hell I've met,damn near all the roots,dead prez,the jazzys,h20,the mighty mos,MR.kweli,jaguar and erykah herself as well.I love the concerts,and they need to book some more in NY.When in sam's hell will blackstar come up with a new album?