Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectkweli is real
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19385&mesg_id=19416
19416, kweli is real
Posted by paragon216, Tue Feb-20-01 02:31 PM
..i've met kweli and had the chance to kick it with him and mos on a couple of occassions...but on a business tip, not the i'm your biggest fan tip...but anyway...he and mos struck me as the coolest artists i've ever met(there are others but too numerous to mention)...they do have there moment, like everybody else...for example mos seemed kinda withdrawn, almost short, i realized he was tired and probably wanted to go home...(he was cclutching one of those luggage bags with the wheels)..on other occasions he was really outgoing...i've never really seen kweli dis anybody even for askin stupid questions, that impressed me the most...at that time people didn't even know who he was but he didn't dis em when they asked, "are you famous?"...he would hold inteeligent conversations with security guards that reminded me of sha-nay-nay...people i would've dissed...he was mad humble..funny too...kept cracking jokes..i saw him on the street not too long ago and he looked all "hollywood"...but he would still hold a convo with anybody walkin up the street...he's talked about how it is a balancing act to relate to the average joe in his lyrics, while at the same time trying to expand their minds...dude is cool as a polar bear's toenails..

on the other hand red and meth are real cool too but when meth lost his $20,000 bracelet he was about to open a can of whoop-ass on the closest person to him...