Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Ever Met Talib Kweli In Person?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19385&mesg_id=19411
19411, RE: Ever Met Talib Kweli In Person?
Posted by loi, Tue Feb-20-01 07:51 AM
Iv'e met him way too many times, and it really does just depend. Realisticly, most star's are a little conceited. I mean you have to think of the personality behind someone that wants to be in the public eye for a career. They thrive on attention, and many times base their self worth on the ability to have fans, be nice to fans, diss fans(and yes he does, and fans do get on his nerves, like every artist at times), fuck fans, etc. Now what is surprising(not really) is that two other artists dissed him, and they are not the same as fans, were talking about peers. Talib is very intelligent, and he has little patience for repetitiveness, and slowness. He is similar to a Texan, in that he feels that New York, specifically Brooklyn
is the center of the Universe, and that people from other places(especially the midwest) are slow, generally speaking. Intelligent people are usually prejiduced against stupid people, and extremely smug in their innate abilities. Intelligent people also know that public appearance and acceptance are huge in the biz of entertainment. So most of the time he's going to put his best face forward for the simple fact that it behueths(spelling) him to do so, and it's just that simple. So basicly if he dissed your friends, then he was either in a bad mood, in a zone, or your friends were really wack, slow, repetitive, and stupid!, and he decided that he really didn't have that much to loose in being a jerkface, which he is very good at(who isn't).
What I love about this post, is that he hates snobby people! So I hope he reads it, cause it's ironic as hell!
Oh yeah, and I have heard from other artists that he has gotten preety stuck on himself, so it ain't just company flow and your boys, there's some truth in it, but that's to be expected.
Can't take anything away from his talent! That's what your supposed to be suscribing to anyway! If your looking for nice people find a friend.