Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: STOP IT!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19296&mesg_id=19339
19339, RE: STOP IT!!!
Posted by guest, Tue Feb-27-01 09:11 AM
Actually I was born and raised in the place that Too $hort is from (the place in which he no longer resides but anywayz...) You're probably not responding to me directly but my point was: Why question Common's current success when he has put at least ten years of work into it. Nelly and Ludacris, who have sold more records than Com by far are virtual unknowns. I'm from the streets, but you won't hear me talkin' about it 24-7, the World is much bigger than E.14th--if you nah'mean? I'm just as much for rebuilding the projects in my neighborhood as for rebuiling Rwanda! Ya gotta know to grow!

"We live the now for the promise of the infinite" --Mos Def

"I'm tryin' to soar to altitudes unknown to man, woman or the most agile of birds" --yours truly

"your people first. a quiet strength. the positioning of oneself so that observation becomes reaction, where study is preferred to night life, where emotion is not seen as a weakness. love for self, family, children and extensions of self is beyond the verbal"
--Haki R. Madhubuti