Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectBULLSHIT!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=19151&mesg_id=19169
19169, BULLSHIT!!
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-01-01 06:25 AM
>>Voodoo wasn't a very good album
>>anyway. It was okay, but
>>it definitely wasn't great
>
>I have been screaming this since
>it dropped...

Okay bullshit does stink...i never really smelled it untill reading these two post saying that VOODOO was not a good album. first of all if u feel that way we must ask...by what standards do YOU judge a good album by? because an albums merit in my view, is judged by production (whether live instrumentation or not counts for something too), overall lyrical content, overall creativity (is it groundbreaking? or just the same 'ol shit?), and to what degree i can use my imagination/instincts/personal experience to relate to each song on the album. those are just SOME of the criteria i use when rating an album. but most importantly i said MY criteria, because i can only judge an album from my OWN personal veiw. thus to say that an album is "not great" u must ask urself...not great to whom? cuz platinum is a status that not many acheive, and many that do...dont deserve it. but futhermore, if YOU ppl cant find VOODOO to be a good innovative album, and YOU find it lacking...then we must ask another question, is it the album that is lacking or is it YOU that is lacking the neccessary knowledge and faculties to contemplate what the album is about? think about it...and shut up lol.

~1~