Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectCover of Cameo's "Sparkle"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=18878&mesg_id=18950
18950, Cover of Cameo's "Sparkle"
Posted by guest, Mon Mar-05-01 06:25 AM
There is a group called Twice consisting of two sets of twin that recorded a version of Sparkle that was produced by D'Angelo and Angie Stone. It was distributed by Silas/MCA in 1997 and contains 4 versions. D is all over the joint, contributing background vox and it sounds like he's playing all of the instruments. (Has his signature rhodes/organ sound) There were promos of this single that surfaced before the album's cancellation. I have an extra cd copy and an extra 12" copy if anyone is interested.

"...but with all music (created) by African people, there's a dangerous pattern. We create it, nurture it, elevate it and abandon it"
?uestlove ...things fall apart liner notes

"...we're moving into this electronica shit. If this is the case, then I've got to make some funky ass computers" D'Angelo 1998 XXL interview

"Of course, there's people getting rich selling horse manure, too. They're bagging that and selling it by the load, so I guess they figure, why wouldn't somebody sell music like that?" Raphael Saadiq May 10, 2000 Dallas Morning News

"the true way to judge is to peep history. once you have a grasp onto history, you can easily tell who's the shit and who's shit." - ?uestlove 9/14/2000 OkayArtist Discussion