Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectActually, I heard it was not going to be Nelly...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=18835&mesg_id=18837
18837, Actually, I heard it was not going to be Nelly...
Posted by CH, Sun Mar-18-01 10:43 AM
Actually,

The word from sohh.com, and others, is that this new diss will be directed at Fred Durst.

Everyone knows that he's going to diss Nelly, it's not a question of if, but when.

Personally, it's like the Pot calling the Kettle black, with Em dissing Durst, but word on the street is that he's going to go after Durst.

I think you'll see Everlast and Em squash their beef. Evidence and Everlast go way back (was reading an article about Everlast, and they asked him, back in 98, who would be the next big "white" rapper, and he said, "I don't believe in that great white hop shit, but if you had to ask me, I'd say my homeboy Evidence.") I think with Evidence and Em on good terms, that Everlast and Em aren't far behind.

But, Everlast does not like Durst, so, I think EM is rounding his bases before he heads for home. Dissing Durst will give him a rougher edge and gain some points with the Underground...something I think he saw he had lost when he started dissing on Ev and Evidence, and no one backed him up.

CH

"While you raggin' on all the people you blasted, I'm askin' how many days have you fasted?"
-Everlast