Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Attention all MC's, DJ's...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=18420&mesg_id=18765
18765, RE: Attention all MC's, DJ's...
Posted by guest, Sun Mar-11-01 01:20 PM
(Originally posted at 3rd Rail's website)

Music is music, and it's all good.

I don't care if it's hip hop, reggae, acid jazz, dnb, pop, or whatever. Like Jazz, I won't segregate music, decide what's 'true', and draw lines in the sand. I'll listen to it and absorb it all since everyone has their unique flavor to add. That's me in a nutshell.

I have a few things to say and I'll be on my way.

Liquid's right, this beef between 3rd and Talib/Rawkus it turning into grade-ish nonsense. Fans/friends on both sides are tellin' each other to do very vulgar things. All the cussing and pot shots are making me sick. The profanity makes you sound uneducated. I don't want to be a part of it.

Talib shouldn't have skipped out on the instore and dissed his fans.

3rd should have devised a written contract since this was business related. Even among friends, I write up contracts so problems like this don't come between us.

Tailb shouldn't have been cussing on WNUR or dissed 3rd on stage.

Fans shouldn't have slamming Talib or 3rd on petty issues or dissing entire cities.

Both of them shouldn't have taken their private feelings about each other into public because this isn't the Jerry Springer Show.

They both should have settled this out of court, the court of the public eye.

Next time, 3rd should graciously refuse to help Rawkus, and as his personal boycott and tell his network of people not to work with Rawkus because of what went down.

Rawkus and Talib doesn't have to give 3rd promotional singles to put into his mixtapes and stop asking 3rd Rail to do promotial type things with him.

I don't care who started it. Both of them should have been humble and gracious enough to admit they both messed up.

Both parties are at fault due to their choices. I will still buy 3rd's mixtapes. I will still buy Rawkus material.

It's simple as that. I've probably left some supporting points out but it's done with. There's no point to fighting. It's just a waste of energy and a waste of time. Consider this beef squashed.

peace,
--mellfluous

BTW- Liquid, if you're reading this, email me at mellifluous@chicago-music.com or mellifluous_soul@excite.com. I'm interested in what you're up to in Chicago. :)

"He who knows does not speak; he who speaks does not know."
-- Lao-tzu's "I Ching"