Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Attention all MC's, DJ's...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=18420&mesg_id=18723
18723, RE: Attention all MC's, DJ's...
Posted by guest, Fri Mar-09-01 01:38 PM
Talib Kweli,

Yo man whats up. You probably never going to see this message but I just want you to know nigga that I'm in Chicago right now, been here all my life and only recently have I begun to embrace hip hop and its culture. Its because of tracks by real mc's like you, Hi-Tek, Mos Def, Pharoh, Common, Tribe and others that I started embracing the music. Not becasue of some DJ out there who swears he knows what hes talking about just becuz he can spin two 12's and make the beat sound good. Its the message behind the lyrics that I have fallen to. And I personally believe you do it better then a lot of the mcs out there today. Then again, who am I to judge, but like you said i can have my opinion and thats it.

I know 3rd Rail. I use to promote hip hop/rave parties in high school and his ass would come along with Dj Funk and spin 2 hours of house and hip hop that brought all the crazy heads to my sets. I dont think it was becuz of them, I think it was becuz of the tracks they spun. Anyways, this nigga swore his cock was bigger then mine, trying to give orders and shit and I was like take ur ass to the door dude.. . I'll get my 17 yr old cuz to spin some hip hop, I dont need ur ass. And the same effect happened, everybody had a real good time. The point is that nigga talks shit and has his head in the clouds. He's been in Chicago too long and just becuz he spins hip hop and a lot of cats sweat him for it, he thinks everybody should bow to him. It reminds me of when WuTang got into it with Funkmaster Flex and that fatass wouldnt play WuTang on the radio. Thats fucked up that a Dj whop cant even MC himselff can have that much power. Those niggas deserve to get dealt with. Its fucked up man. Anyway, 3rd Rail aint nobody. His show is whack. There are better underground hip hop radio stations on Chicago's radio dial then his!! I never bought a 3rd Rail mix and I dont plan on it. Funny how no one up on this message board heard of his ass either until Talib came out here to clear the shit for all his fans. So lets leave his whackass where its at. In Chicago, spinnin 12's till he's 40. Makin no difference at all. While Talib and other real artists like him, change the culture of hip hop music and make it a culture that everyone can love and enjoy.

Peace out,

BluntedKid

P.s> next time ur in Chicago- - lets light up a fat One, Talib!!!