Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectSummarizing This Beef
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=18420&mesg_id=18721
18721, Summarizing This Beef
Posted by bshelly, Fri Mar-09-01 11:26 AM

You are both acting like a pair of twelve year olds.

To Third Rail: you're an underground DJ and as such you don't have a right to tickets to every fuckin show that comes through town. If you'd ever been on the road for a second, you know signings can be the biggest pain in the ass in the world. He bagged, but is it worth this beef?

Kweli, this whole fake gangsta posturing really makes me wonder what kind of revolutionary you are. Your shit stinks like a motherfucker--this guy was trying to put you on and you bagged on the signing. No huge deal, but it was unprofessional and he has a right to be pissed. Dissing him on stage in his city is beyond stupid--if anything's taking money out of your kid's mouth, it's dumb shit like that. Continuing this beef will only cost you record sales and perpetuate a negative vibe in an art form you claim to love.

Both of you need to cut this shit out, right now. It's beneath the dignity of both of you and it reflects poorly on real hip-hop. How is the cream supposed to rise when the underground can't stop with petty shit like this?

-----
bshelly: a boorish cur of a man, significant only in that his pettiness and vindictiveness are examples of how not to live

Hating Kobe Bryant since he schooled me in high school.

You like rock and roll, yet you have never heard of the Replacements, the greatest rock band of the eighties. If Paul McCartney got violated by Sid Vicious, the Replacements would be the offspring. Please buy a copy of their most exceptional work, "Let It Be," or download the song "Unsatisfied" from Napster. You can thank me later.