Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectOddities that got my attention...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=18420&mesg_id=18713
18713, Oddities that got my attention...
Posted by tashiko, Fri Mar-09-01 08:27 AM
I don't know either party but in reading about this situation, it seems odd that Talib got so upset about a DJ that may not even have that much consequence over his album. It's odd to me that Talib felt threatened by remarks said by that DJ in the first place. And when I say threatened, I mean through album sales, not physically or anything.

On the contrary, (not knowing either party) it does not seem that odd that a DJ (college, underground?) would catch feelings from an artist not meeting his expectations whatever they may be.

So I am very surprised at Talib's reaction because I haven't gotten the part of the picture that shows why his buttons were pushed in the first place. I mean its like me saying to my friends don't buy the album.... Who am I and since the album is banging, they would laugh in my face. But the point is, I don't think that Talib would feel in the least threatened that my opinion would take food out of babies mouths.

I mean the album is tight. Even Snoop endorsed it on MTV during an interview--got him singing the chorus "Kweli". Can't ignore the truth no matter where your personal feelings lie about the artist.

So it is extremely odd to me that Talib had his hair raised by this in the first place. I mean we are all human, and maybe he just was having a hard day..week..month... what have you.

I'm curious to why this pushed his (TALIB) buttons in the first place. Other than Talib's reaction, it wouldn't have even gotten my attention (accept for its absurdity--boycott the album BWAAH!)

Peace, Love and Soul
Tashiko
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Love's not competing, its on your side
You're in Life's picture, so why must you cry?
It's okay, please dont delay from smilin', ple-eee-ee-ee-ee-ee-eeease
There are brighter days ahead
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dont comb your mane down
Instead, muster the patience to scrub your incisors
Dont cover your scent; rinse your muscles
Reasons, not rules, make us strong
This is a feeling, nurtured in solitude: I've stolen time from myself
I give it back,
Like a King.
-Kingface