Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Attention all MC's, DJ's...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=18420&mesg_id=18666
18666, RE: Attention all MC's, DJ's...
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-08-01 06:12 PM
OOOOOh, am I out of the loop!!! I'm from Chicago and I've heard 3rd rail's raidio show a couple a' times. It was ok. But I'm partial to quality hip-hop and am usually keen on the diff. bet. what's stale and what's innovative. A contest bet. Hi-Tek and 3rd???? Hi-Tek, definately hands down, up, and tied behind his back.

I'm sure what ever 3rd rail had to say wasn't important engough to warrant any extra energy.

I guarantee that even if Talib didn't respond, he would have seen a net decrease of "0" in record sales....come on now?! We're talkin' polished production, rhymes that can only be deciphered with active thought, and a dj with beats that speak directly to he rhymes. A successful boycott would require support that 3rd ust doesn't have.

I'm out of town at school and may not have the info. to comment on the quality of 3rd's work, but I'm sure this boycott business was part of a dream that he had about he and some aliens taking over the world via subliminal messages over the internet.

"Yeah, you pronounce my name KWELI....Any questions?"

Personally, I'm partial to quality hip-hop, and have a love-hate relationship with Chicago.