Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectWhere's The Beef?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=18420&mesg_id=18605
18605, Where's The Beef?
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-08-01 11:56 AM
Hello Kids-
Okay straight away,3rd rail, you betta shoulda known better than to name yourself after A.) A west coast clothing line that hasn't been dope since 93,B.) A cliched graffiti term. And another thing, if you're going to post messages you gotta cop a spell check program, your grammar and spelling skills are broke. There's lots of college radio DJ's out there, you think that Kweli owes you some tickets, he don't owe you...You had him on your show and it was love right, you had him on your show because you respected him as an artist and liked his music right?
That's it, end of story, not one artist in the game owes you. You didn't put him on! You simply played his records, I'm sure he thanked you, and that's it. Now to bitch about him and boycott his record(as if it'll make any difference)because he missed you on some tickets, now that's some retarded s--t. You sound like a little kid yo. That dude is touring the world, maiking records, supporting a family, i'm sure DJ 3rd Rail is not his first priority, even when he's in Chicago. You should quit while you're ahead yo...And since this isn't all one-sided...I love Kweli's music, I think he's put out a great record, and "Manifesto" is one of my favorite songs!...However, I believe that he should've just gassed about the situation and not even brought it up period. Right now he's only bringing negative attention to himself, and more attention to DJ 3rd Grade, err... I mean Rail than he could have ever imagined.Ghost!
Subverbz "The Anti-Jiggy Machine"
Peace to Phila Flava, Kev-e-Kev, and The Ock Squad...