Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectdude,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=18420&mesg_id=18524
18524, dude,
Posted by Mosaic, Thu Mar-08-01 07:58 AM
where's my car?

your logic only works in computer animated cartoons and the like.

>3rd Rail tried to squash it
>by reaching out to Rawkus
>on their site, but nothing.

what? why would you go to the Rawkus website to contact an artist? the cats popping timecards for html and the like aren't gonna get a hold of him...another point coming up, though.

>Before that he even
>put Talib on the air
>to settle all this bullshit,
>but Talib used 20min of
>airtime to cuss and diss
>without trying to squash it.

i don't think Talib is absolved from anything, but part of the problem seems to be that 3rd Rail assumed that Talib was gonna take shit sitting down just 'cause he's not talking obsessively about gunplay--it reminds me of when apparently cats tried to punk De La just 'cause they weren't 'gangsta'...

> Now that Talib is
>like bitch this and bitch
>that...I dunno.
>None of this shit was public
>until the stage inicident, then
>it blew up. Talib's
>management HAS 3rd Rail's phone
>number, because they called him
>to do the instore.

then doesn't 3rd Rail have Talib's management's number, too? or if not, if 3rd Rail is big willied enough to try to pull a Chi-town boycott, can't he figure out a way to contact Talib?

>Looks like Rawkus and Talib don't
>want this to end on
>a positive note?

well, whatever the case is it mostly seemed to stem from 3rd Rail's disappointment over not getting a ticket to a show...he may claim that it's the principle of the thing, and that it needed to be done to show appreciation...but c'mon now.

on the other side of things, the on-stage diss seems like an extreme or at least unneeded element--i think most cats would've just ignored shit and for some reason, Talib felt that he needed to speak on it...