Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: bullshit.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=18420&mesg_id=18455
18455, RE: bullshit.
Posted by tREBLEFREE, Wed Mar-07-01 11:38 PM
After reading this post and about 1/2 of the replies, I think Mosaic makes the best point. This muthafucka is trying to show Kweli how big his dick is and that shit is straight gay.

Boycott, WTF????

Boycott Cash Money Records & No Limit for consistently putting out brainless bullshit that goes nowhere like pork in ya intestines!!!

REAL Hip-Hop (RE:, Roots, etc. shit, you fill it in!) has a hard enough time surviving with the few DJ's across this country that play, support and promote it. Furthermore, if this cat (3rd Link, Rail whatever)is as heavy as niggas say he is (and in Chi-Town no less), he should KNOW that shit was business and not personal.

Being that I worked at a record store before, I know a little about how this game works. The artists themselves are usually not in control of when schedules are made, they get very little notice of events that they are to show up at and if they happen to get advance notice, nobody takes into account how many of those events were scheduled for that day or if they're tired or anything.

Even after Kweli goes on the cat's show to rap to him man-to man about the shit and clear it up, he still pulled bitch rank. Above all, that's the most fucked up thing right there.

All in all people, look at 3rd Rail and look at Kweli (& Hi-Tek):
These cats is doing what they love to do, they're hella good at it, and here this 3rd wheel nigga is trying to fuck up their program because he couldn't get a hookup. If I was where homeboy was and I couldn't get the hookup, I would've bought tickets and further more contacted Kweli (or tried) while he was in town to find out the deal.

Plain & simple, there was a better way to handle all phases of this shit and 3rd track took the low road.

He should change his to name to DJ Stan. It's eating him up that him & Kweli can't be together :-)

That's my 2cents.

gREG bASS (now known as datcatdeycalltREBLEFREE)
Former Questo-Endorsed Player Of The Week...

For the moment, the following is the greatest hook/rhyme/line ever written:

Don't everybody like the smell of gasoline?
Well burn muthafucka burn american dreams...
Don't everybody like the taste of apple pie?
Well snap for yo slice of life I'm tellin' you why....
I hear that Mother Nature's now on birth control....
The coldest pimp be lookin' for somebody to hold....
The highway up to Heaven got a crook on the toll...
Youth fulla fire ain't got nowhere to go, nowhere to go....
-Possum Alliwishes Jenkins aka Andre3000