Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: The OFFICIAL BEAUTIFUL STRUGGLE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=1841&mesg_id=1963
1963, RE: The OFFICIAL BEAUTIFUL STRUGGLE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by guest, Wed Sep-29-04 04:17 AM
The only tracks I like on the CD are:

"I Try"
"Around My Way"
"Ghetto Show"
"Never Been In Love"
"Beautiful Struggle"

The rest are either weak or just terrible. His beats sound so "jiggy" this album, it makes me sick. He could have gotten Madlib or Premeir to do his beats, hell have kanye do all of them. Instead I get the fucking Neptunes...WTF?

Oh, and it gets better. Why are the best tracks I've heard of the CD not present. Supreme, which had Mos Def on it (my favorite MC and one of two I put above Kweli), is missing. So is Lonely People, and many others. There are only 13 tracks on the CD, I know they had the space. This CD is a huge let down, I'll give him credit for "I Try" and "Ghetto Show" (which has Common, the other MC I put over kweli), they are hot tracks. And even though I didn't list Black Girl Pain, its tight. I'm just sick of songs about black women..period. The rest of the tracks I didn't list are a waste of my time. I don't get, I've been waiting for this CD for ever. Well there is always Oct. 12th, New Danger...go cop it.