Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: what do soulq's charge??
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=18356&mesg_id=18397
18397, RE: what do soulq's charge??
Posted by jeraldao, Mon Mar-19-01 09:33 AM
they charge 4 music cuz they r artists, 2 be recognize cuz they r artists, 4 money cuz they r artists...i mean i think they r gifted ,if u r like me, u'd think "why other arists leave them in the musical ghetto?" i'd loathe at ?uest if he hit Nshit wit somethin but we also like him cuz he takes chances no?
he's an artist, at least he should make a jam wit dem (if they know what it is).
like most soulq's followers i look at them as the good guys that should work only wit good guys. but remember they wanna be the cuttin edge, isn't it selfish if they don't influence some peers and bring them 2 the promise land?. 4 instance i hate DMX version of bill withers "ain't no sunshine",let us imagin ?uest, jajapo, pino, jef lee on the wah guitar, bilal 4 the chorus....good hum?
when people r willing 2 work wit em, u think d should be like "dr.dre? chicken grease sample? clear it? u'll pay me big? i'm an artist i don't give a fuck bout your money!" or the same 4 jay-z & jay dee; i say let them bring something new in2 their peers minds. and niggas sayin they "on the top/wether they perform or not" or "after me there will be none" should pay 'em big so they can put money on new shit 4 the fam. on the other hand they might be used in order 2 make money: see how r kelly uses jay-z as his hoe (fiesta remix).
remember d sayin 2 ?uest that he can't do nothin musically-forced (although he was workin wit princess leia aka lauryn hill) and remember ?uest ask us 2 think about,in things fall apart liner notes, "what would happen if we don't give the crowd what they want but what they need?"... in my opinion ahmir talks about freedom: let me be free of doin something new and u be free-minded & open-minded, artistry knows no limit.

i agree if they work wit vernon reid cuz charlie hunter is good but not funky enough: d should re-do "the root" wit ?uest, pino, vernon