Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI probably shouldn't be putting my .02 in...but....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17972&mesg_id=18051
18051, I probably shouldn't be putting my .02 in...but....
Posted by M2, Wed Mar-21-01 05:47 PM
Dub, I know EXACTLY how you feel.

One day everything is cool, you <i>might</i> suspect something is wrong...but nothing can be wrong, this is your boy right! This is a dude you'd trust with your WALLET! You were sick with Vertigo at a time when your roommates were out of town and your girlfriend was in Europe for the summer...he was the only one there....so you gave dude your wallet to go pick up your medication. This is the man who was there for you when you needed help, you were there for him when he needed help. Friends for life..........more then that...brothers......

Overnight, everything changed even though you didn't completely reaize it. It's not surprising, your life is picking up...things are going the way you want them too.... so you didn't notice things going wrong(things are too good!)...or warning signs that were there since word go.

All of a sudden, the friendship is gone......it's over.....and you pretend it isn't...this is your boy..it'll pass......but it doesn't.....until you realize that this person is against you. You deny, but they are.......until it's too late...

Now you're staring at a dusty manilla folder, you've had it since July. It's contents? Paperwork to get back what's owed to you. You've been stalling because you remember the good times....but damn, he did you wrong. Do you accept it, becuse you are "priveleged" and he felt it was ok?

But wait, WTF happened! I don't know how we got here, did someone turn you against me? Wasn't I always there for you? What did I do? Oh isht, don't tell me it's the money......not that....aww man! What does that matter? Why mess things up over that....and why am I the one who feels bad about this...why do I have to be the mature one?

So now I'm pissed......because you know I don't want to file these papers....and you get to feel like you got what was yours.....I mean damn, it's not like you helped me get here...you said I couldn't do it.....

Anyway, money can mess up friendships. I'm not even talking about celebrity money.....I'm talking just having a higher paying job....it's ill, it's wack and I hate it.

Now I'm sitting here feeling guilty for just trying to receive restituion for something I worked hard to purchase. Ain't life grand!

Dub, I hope you and Rhome can patch it up......I've been precisely where you are..wondering what happened.......and trying to figure out what to do. Take care of yourself.....

Peace........