Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Messed up isn't it ...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17972&mesg_id=18050
18050, RE: Messed up isn't it ...
Posted by guest, Tue Mar-20-01 12:21 PM
From one young brother to another,

I just had a chance to read the long list of statements and repsonses. I just wanted to say that I think you have created a great peice of work, and at the end of the day, that's what you will be remembered for.
I just pray that God gives you the strength to keep pushin' after you take a little break.
Don't be too disgusted with all the drama inside and outside of your cipher, you have to understand ( I know you already do) that the Boondocks is something we ( young Black folk in particualr) are very proud of. That being said, you know how get when we cherish something, : we love it, spoil it, shower it with praises, and then mistrust it, blame it for not living up to what we think it should be, acuse it of getting to big for its britches, and spit venom against it. ( Just like BET, right? - nope, won't go there, that's another conversation).

I will end By saying, God Bless, and yes I hope you do come back refreshed. I have followed boondocks since the SOURCE and I hope to keep reading it. Keep your head up and go for self.

Oh, and if you haven't read the poem "IF" you might want to check it out - it has alsways helped me to put tough situations in perspective.